We are continuing to deliver during these challenging times.
I just wanted to write on behalf of myself and the team to keep you informed of how we are managing this public health crisis and to keep you reassured that we are resourced, secure, working, and “on it”.
1. We have specific systems in place to collaborate, share and simultaneously work on our case files;
2. All of our (many) IT systems, documents and document management systems are fully backed-up, and fully accessible to anyone in our team no matter where they are based;
3. There will be a member of staff (almost certainly me!) in the office twice a week or more as required to deal with any essential issues; receive post, orders and notices; deal with any urgent applications; receive/serve documents; and for continuity;
4. There should be no drop off in service levels at all. Our team are speaking with each other daily;
5. We continue to take instructions, even throughout this crisis (THANK YOU); and
6. Our financial year has been excellent (thanks to your kind and valued instructions). We are financially sound and not at risk.
To those with current cases and impending deadlines, they will not be missed. To those with hearings scheduled in the next 12 weeks, ‘lawyers/advocates’ have been designated as key workers and we are preparing for them as if they are going ahead. We have already conducted hearings at the SCCO (via Microsoft Teams and Skype).
Remember, we have experience of all aspects of legal costs including internal solicitor client/management insights. It is a good time to maximise you/your clients’ costs recovery and minimise their exposure to adverse costs and risk. We are here to help.
This is clearly an extraordinary time, but we have always found Law and the people who work within it to be extraordinary too. And robust.
I know this is not “business as usual”, but it is business as unusual!
Copyright © 2020 Thomas Legal - All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions on request.
Website Designed by seasonedsystems.co.uk